What you will need:
- 8 cups cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons softened butter (plus more for greasing the baking dish)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 13×9 baking dish and set aside. Boil cubed sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan until tender; drain and mash.
- In a large electric mixer, combine sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, milk, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and white sugar; mix until smooth. Transfer mixture evenly into baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix flour and brown sugar. Coarsely cut in the butter and add pecans. Sprinkle the topping over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and set temp to broil. Top casserole with marshmallows. Broil 3-5 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly toasted. Serve warm.