What you will need:
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Large onion, chopped
- 3 Celery sticks, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, chopped (remove seeds for less spice)
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4oz) cans chopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1 (15oz) can of Kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 (28oz) cans of whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 bag frozen vegetarian crumbles
- Heat olive oil, onions, salt, pepper, oregano, and cumin in a large pot over medium heat until onions are tender. Add Jalapeno pepper, celery, bell peppers, minced garlic, and both cans of chopped green chili peppers, and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Mix in veggie crumbles and stir until heated through.
- Add kidney beans, black beans, corn, and tomatoes and stir well. Raise temperature to med-high and cover. Cook 30 minutes and serve hot.
Tip: You can make this spicy by adding chili powder and spices of your choosing after stirring in canned beans.
This meal goes great with southern cornbread!