What you will need:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 yellow corn meal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking power
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 425F and butter a 9 inch round cake pan, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add flour, corn meal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, eggs, and buttermilk. Whisk until just combined. Add melted butter and stir with spatula until combined and pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until edges are slightly brown and toothpick comes out clean in the center.
This goes great with Vegetarian Chili beans!