What you will need for the cookies:
- 3 cups All-purpose four
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Sticks of butter
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla flavoring
- Using an electric mixer, beat both sticks of butter until creamy (about 2-3 minutes). Slowly add in sugar until mixed well. Add egg and vanilla, beating well. Add in salt and flour slowly, allowing the mixer to really combine the dry ingredients.
- Divide your dough into two parts, wrap with cling wrap, and chill 1 hour.
- Once chilled, Flour the surface you wish to roll your dough on, and roll out each separated dough half into 1/4 inch thickness onto your surface.
- Cut cookies and add sprinkles if desired. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F about 8 minutes. Edges should be a light brown, but be careful not to over-bake or your cookie will be rock hard and very crumbly. Cool cookies before decorating with icing.
FYI: You can bake sprinkles into your cookies as well as adding them after you apply icing. It’s up to you!
What you will need for the Glaze Icing.
- 16 oz package of confectioners sugar
- Food coloring (Optional)
- 5-7 tablespoons of warm water
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Combine sugar and warm water until mixed well and no sugar chunks are present. Divide the mixture into enough small bowls to equal the amount of different food coloring you want to use. Start with one drop of food coloring at a time until you reach your desired shade. Dip your cookies into your glaze (or spoon it onto your cookie) and decorate if desired.