What you will need:
- 1lb bag of semi-sweet chocolate
- 1.5 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (plus some extra if needed)
- 3tbs butter, melted
- 8 tsp shortening (or 1/2 tsp shortening per 1oz of chocolate)
- waxed paper
- mini ice cream scoop (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Stir together peanut butter and confectioners sugar until mixed. It should form a dry(ish) mixture with walnut sized balls formed. Then add your melted butter to this mixture. It should now be creamy but not sticky. You should be able to roll it into balls in your hand without it sticking to your hand. If not stir in a tad more powdered sugar, and mix well. Place balls on waxed paper and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Before you take your balls out of the freezer, melt your chocolate per directions on the package and be sure to add your shortening. Adding shortening to your chocolate gives it that beautiful glazed look. Take out 5 balls at a time from your freezer and submerge them one at a time in chocolate. Use a fork to scoop them out of the melted chocolate (let excess drip off by gently tapping fork on the rim of the bowl), and place them back onto the waxed paper. Before your chocolate hardens, add your sprinkles.
Storage: Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge x 2 weeks. Can be frozen in either an airtight container or heavy-duty ziplock bag for 3 months.