What you will need:
- 14.3oz OREO cookies OR 36 cookies
- 1 lb White chocolate chips OR Almond bark
- 1.5 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup of crushed candy cane.
- parchment paper
- Place cookies in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Right before removing cookies from the freezer melt chocolate chips in the microwave using increments of 10 seconds, stirring, and repeating until melted. Be careful not to over cook the chocolate as it will become thick and lumpy. Once melted, stir the peppermint extract well into the mixture.
- Remove 5 cookies from the freezer 5 at a time. I plop my cookies into the melted chocolate and use a fork to remove them. Gently tap the excess chocolate off onto the side of the bowl. Try to get as much excess off as possible so you don’t have a large ring of hardened chocolate surrounding your cookie when finished, and lay flat onto parchment paper.
- Before the chocolate hardens garnish your cookie with a little bit of crushed peppermint. Place into refrigerator for an additional 10 minutes to harden.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the freezer up to three weeks.